Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Maybe i should be a writer.....

Or maybe i shouldn't seeing as i can spell all that well and my grammar is not all that swell. hehe well i guess i can rhyme.
Well the highlight of my last 3 days has been my addiction to those silly Twilight books. I got done with all 3 before Monday was over. See i have this problem with it comes to good books, i just cant seem to put them down, even if that means eating in my room just so i can lay down and read. The last time this happened it was ALL the Harry Potters. I finished 6 books in a span of only 5 days, THAN i anticipated the 7th edition like the big nerd that i am. Any who back to the Twilight saga.....
My super awesome friend Oralia (who i haven't seen since my last day of work by the way! and i miss her like CRAZY) started talking to me about these books she was reading and i realized they were the ones written by the BYU graduate Stephanie Meyers everyone at church has been talking about. When i told her she was Mormon she was all, "NO WAY!!!!!! Mormons and VAMPIRES!!??" Haha. Silly girl, we aren't all that sheltered and reserved, we do read other books you know. She tried talking me into buying just the first one for weeks, and i finally caved while at Target with me mum. Thus beginning my isolation to my room with my nose stuck in a book.
The books were addicting, BUT the writing you could tell was from a beginner, not that I'm an expert or anything. The books starts off with her using allot of "big" words that weren't really needed, but that fades away quickly after the first chapter. Then she foreshadows ALOT, a little too much if you ask me. I mean i figured out 90% of the second book before i even finished the first.
I had to laugh at Oralia when i was done reading them for her not even notice that this was CLEARLY written by someone who was LDS. The first MAJOR clue would have been the VAMPIRE (Vampire in all history and legend = Lust) not wanting to make love until he was married to the girl first. Not once in any book, movie, or storey have i ever heard of a vampire saying no.... All this though makes you love the character, who doesn't want a traditional, loyal, vampire who is willing to wait for you? haha.

(yes i know its two o'clock in the morning, my sleep hours are all messed up from reading)

So Oralia was right and now i cant wait for the next 2 books too come out, I mostly cant wait for the 5th one, it is supposed to be written from Edwards eyes instead of Bellas. And i also cant wait for the stinkin movie too.
This year i plan to see 2 movies in total. (unless i can afford others but these 2 for sure) Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince and now Twilight. During which i will be super fat since HP is in November and Twilight is in December.

Clearly i have ranted long enough. I suppose ill go to sleep now...... or reread the first book again........

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Roxanne and Melanie and I are reading Twilight this summer.
We are reading it out loud together. We are on a much slower pace though, just finished chapter one last night. It might be an all summer book at 10 or 20 pages per night. I've heard from EVERYONE that it is addicting and that we'll have to read the next 2 also.

Jen Devey said...

Haha, yeah its addicting alright. The writing isnt that great but the storie sucks you in.

Unknown said...

Too bad about Midnight Sun. By the way, when did you start getting internet access? when did I miss this, I have no idea. Sorry. I feel bad for not reading the blog lately :-/